Friday 29 January 2010

Part from Iran Solidarity Toronto, Canada on Friday 29 Jan



This happened on Jan 29 at York University Toronto, Canada. This student on the video was trying to give us solidarity after he found out that the university security asked me to remove my banner and leave. Islamists came over and started a discussion with me; thys must have reported me. So this student on video came over to me and expressed his support and said I could videotape him. This was the only video clip I could get on this day just because I had to leave immediately. I have already a lot of connections with students and will try to get them involved so I can get permission. Even If I get permission, the security said I should send my handouts to the university for approval. This made me wonder if students really have unconditional freedom of expression or not. I will report what happens next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment