Friday 5 March 2010

Irene Graziotto's act of solidarity with the people of Iran

I got to know your appeal to sign for the Manifesto when I went to a film festival organized at the Faculty of Letters in Siena, Italy.

The woman who introduced the film, "The Lemon tree", dedicated it to Iranian women and gave out copies of the Equal Rights Now Manifesto.

I really liked the film which was about women's dignity and being Italian I am particularly sensitive about this topic due to how Berlusconi is abusing the female concept.

I am deeply aware that the situation in Iran is far more serious but I think that slavery first starts with ideas which then legalizes physical and effective abuse.

To change things it must start from ideas again. As a consequence, I subscribe your Manifesto.

Will you accept also my intellectual and emotional support.

Thank you for what you are doing.

Irene Graziotto
A woman

No comments:

Post a Comment